Volume knob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to install a volume knob into a floor monitor so I can adjust the volume of the tweeter seperately from the woofer. Basically the woofer would stay full volume and the knob would adjust the tweeter from full to nothing.

Any advise on how to do this?

Thanks,
Matt

marob said:
Thats all I need? Why are there 3 connectors?

With the three conectors you can keep the tweeter impendance at 8ohms. Otherwise if was just a single adjustable resistor between your amp and your tweeter, your tweeter impedence would change everytime you changed the volume of the tweeter. This would also 'adjust' your crossover everytime. Not pretty.
Joe

With the three conectors you can keep the tweeter impendance at 8ohms. Otherwise if was just a single adjustable resistor between your amp and your tweeter, your tweeter impedence would change everytime you changed the volume of the tweeter. This would also 'adjust' your crossover everytime. Not pretty.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.