2-Way Speaker Poll Please ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody! :D

I'm planing to build a pair of 2 way speakers!

I'm a little bit confused with the subject.. Too!!! much projects to build!!

Is anybody how has allready build any of this kind of speakers any opinion to help me??

I have seen Proac 1s, Wilson Cub Clone, Sonus Faber Lute etc..

Any help please??

Tnx , Panos

The fact you want bookshelf speakers is in my opinion the limiting factor here. You have a good sized room, you have a good budget, etc. etc. (sorry but my imagination was conjuring monstrosities).

So, maybe a place to start is to decide the size of your woofer (as good as any I guess). Most 10" drivers don't reach far enough to meet most tweeters so you will usually want between 8" and 4".

The benefit of the 8" is further reaching bass, and under some circumstances, less sensitivity will be lost in carrying out baffle step compensation. They will also move more air. You may therefore get more volume and more bass and at a lower volume control setting.

The smaller drivers are light. They sound correspondingly quick. Usually a bookshelf will give you bass boost enough to compensate for their smaller size. You will need to mate them with a light tweeter.

If you are to put them on stands away from the walls, the small drivers will be best if you plan to listen from a short distance.

In Greece i can find drivers from ScanSpeak, Vifa and many more..
I search a lot on the forum and i fund a lot of speaker projects!;)

I'm not sure but, i think that because i'm new in DIY speakers it was better to start with something easy..:smash:
Like a 2 way/ 2 driver speaker..

I'm thinking for a bookself - small speaker on stands - beacause i think that it will have better stereo image (...or not?):D

A lot of years ago a had a listening for 2 hour with the Sonus Faber Electra Amator (I)... I was very pleased with what i was hearing!!:) :)

Something like that is that i wanted to build...(for start!)

Some projects that i have in mind... Proac 1s , Proteus , Ellam

and for 2nd option the Proac 2.5s (the units in Greece costs about 250 euro/each!!!)

Thanks a lot again for your help!!

P.S. The power amplifier WILL be the LeachAmp of Delta - Audio!!;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.