Need help with xover!?!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright...well I have finally derived at what I am doing for my front speakers in my home theater...But i know absolutely NOTHING about crossover...

This is the project which I am doing... http://www.geocities.com/wkelch4/dht.html

And this is a picture of what the crossover should look like...But I dont get anything from this picture except that it looks confusing...So what do i need to buy to make this crossover and once i buy the parts how do i assemble the xover.

Attachments

• dhtmtmxo.jpg
    dhtmtmxo.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 131
Shopping List

Here is what you need to buy:

Inductors (mostly likely air core, you need to determine the gauge also):

0.5 mH
0.33 mH

Capacitors (mylar or polypropelene probably will be fine)

13uF
8.2uF
4uF

Resistors (non-inductive)

1.5 ohm
4 ohm

You can use anything to mount the components on. Many people use a piece of pegboard.
Then just line out the components so that they are in the arrangement shown in the picture. The "+" is for the positive from the amp and the "-" is for the negative from the amp.

If you are still confused, find a friend or someone who has some knowledge of electronics help you lay out the crossovers.

Mate, you will obviously need to learn how to read a circuit diagram........

Electronics stores in Australia tend to have beginners kits fairly cheap, and will guide you step by step through how to put together various circuits. It is quite easy to assemble simple circuits once you learn the symbols and a handful of rules......

good luck though, I have just done the cut up for my speaker cabinets I am having a go at at the moment......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.