Built in matching HT speakers........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I am new to this board and am hopeful to find help from some of you more experienced DIY'rs.

I recently purchased a home, and am setting out planning a dedicated HT room in the basement.

The room dimensions will be 10ft by 20ft by 8ft high.

I would like to build speakers into the front corners and have the center the identical design for matching. Subs, sides, and rears will be built into built columns using MDF and wood framing. The fronts will also be in built columns as well as the center built into a recess in the front wall below an anticipated Stewart Firehawk 105" screen.

The columns can be up to 14" wide by 10" deep.

Does anyone have any experience building very good quality speakers and subs into columns? Any design recommendations or kits? Like I stated, I'd like the center to be of near identical design (even if configured horizontally vs vertically on the fronts).

Appreciate any help!

Sounds very much the same I am doing at this time.
My room is 12 X 22 X 7.5" and raised platform in the rear ,lighting on the stairs and around the upper of all walls.
And i to am building 2 subs.
I am placing one behind the front wall as I am finishing my basement so I can do this.I have placed a second wall out 4ft from the back wall aalowing for all the components to be built in as well as the on sub to be behind the wall.
The other sub will go half way up the left wall.And i am just making a large table out of this.
24x24x24.Not a tower.

But if you attach them to the wallbefore you stap anything to the wall use a 80lb roof felt then stap the boards to the wall.Other than that the bass will travel.
I did every wall in my HT room this way and then put on the drywall.
Good luck.

Al

http://www.rawacoustics.ca/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.