Audax driver help pls!!! :( - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2006, 07:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audax driver help pls!!! :(

The Audax PR17HR37TSM was OEM fitment in the Nexo SI2000 PA system witha pair mounted on a common horn with phase plug.

I'm desparately trying to find recones or replacements for these but to no avail. I can't find the TS for them at all, only the PR17OMO and OZO, but i don't know how similar thay are.

I've heard the B&C 6PE13 is a suitable replacement for the PR17OMO but i'm not sure how different the dust cap is, and this will be critical with the close fitting phase plug.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Adam
Old 5th April 2006, 08:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Have you spoken to Nexo direct? They were very helpful to me a few years ago when I had a query about one of their active boxes.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 5th April 2006, 08:32 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes, that was my first port of call. here's the response:

Quote:
They are old products, we don't know speakers which can replace the original parts.
Here is the link of the AUDAX website for the characteristics of this speakers ( model: MHD17HR37TSM ) in french.
http://www.audax.fr/
Here's the link to audax spec sheet which i've just found

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th April 2006, 11:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Audax driver help pls!!! :(

Quote:
Originally posted by norty303
I'm desparately trying to find recones or replacements for these but to no avail. I can't find the TS for them at all, only the PR17OMO and OZO, but i don't know how similar thay are.
Well, I found the T/S parameters for the PR170MO and ZO here:

http://www.audax-speaker.de/products/prod_pr.htm

they are significantly different than those for your OEM driver. So, I think you are better off combing through other vendors' listings to find a match rather than focusing on those 2 drivers and Chinese knockoffs of them.

I'll look around a bit
Old 6th April 2006, 12:41 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

Well, if you didn't get any joy from the manufacturer, the next place I would try is Wembley Loudspeakers, they might have a recone kit.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 6th April 2006, 07:56 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm actually trying to do this for a friend who didn't know where to go next. I contacted Wembley and they said drop a driver in for them to have a look at.
When i rang my friend last night, he explained they'd already had one of his for 6 months with no luck.

Quote:
I'll look around a bit
Thanks very much, really appreciate it

I just refuse to accept that now the drivers are no longer available, the whole system is useless, as it sounded so nice (and wasn't cheap!!)

We're also considering trying to get some recones built and maybe sell to other people in the same predicament, but don't know where to start there either.....
Old 6th April 2006, 10:27 PM   #7
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Talk to PHL www.phlaudio.com
Philippe was with Audax for 12 yrs and Alexa is very helpful. They are the only ones to suggest the best match of their line. Nexo and L Acoustics rely on them heavily, they have excellent drivers.

Hide this!Advertise here!