An other finishing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the piano black edition, the ceramic tweeter and x-over has been upgraded. Most of the audience love the black one after compare with the piano white. Any comment would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• pict0065 (2).jpg
    pict0065 (2).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 874
ssabripo said:
what drivers are you using?
Sorry everybody, this reply seems a little bit too late due to an outing in the past 2 days. As you see in the photo, all drivers are from ACCUTON, the ceramic units. there is still one tweeter mounted on the back which can be set to take charge of 12k-40k or 16k-40k, 0dB or -6dB, even on or off by some switchs. I' ll post a picture off view from back later.
I like the Piano Black better, but either way, it is a very nice design! :)
Thankyou!

Stocker said:
Amazing. I love Piano Black, but don't think I have the time or equipment for it.
Well, I don't think most of the DIY fans can build such a thing. My job is to design and develop speaker systems, mostly hi-end speakers not just the cabints, that is also my favorite work. So I have my own factory to ensure my job done. There are a lot of DIY fans here, I help them to build their cabinets from time to time.

Cortez said:
Wonderful, special automotive painting stuff is needed for a finish like this, right ?
The most difficult thing is to cut and work the bin into different angle surfaces. I must did a lot of simulatons by computer first, to make sure the outcome was tallied with acoustic element and rational to manufature, as a good product it must be looked aesthetic at the same time. And the second problem is after 16 layers of painting and polishing, the edges of those surfaces must be kept in very sharp and clear. I'll post more pictures if you like it.

Tenson said:
Actually... I like the white one more!

Indeed, how do you finish a cab like that? Are you just showing off the finishes or is this something you are going to share with us how to build? I like the look of the cabs, do they have non-parallel walls or any other such trickery?
As I mentioned above I'm thinking a way to help DIY fan put their projects into reality. I 'm not showing off the finishes of the cabinets, I'm trying to tell everyone that we can help each others, if someone can't build their own speakers they really want to or they were just not satisfied the DIY look handiwork, or some complex configuration they never thought cound be built before, maybe I can provide an option to let them have possibilitise to solve the problems.

Re: More pictures

Mutley666 said:
More Picture please! These speakers look spectatular!! :eek: :bigeyes:

Because of the time difference between our living areas, my reply would be a few hours late.
more pictures will coming soon, or you can find on thread"My new design".

Cortez said:
Yes, i'am interested, thank you !

More models are developing.
Geek said:

Indeed! :D

Your work of art there would make nice computer wallpaper :cool:

Thanks. If you like it, I can email some high resolution pictures to you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.