parts places in DFW area?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tanner's is now located on Valwood Pkwy (a couple miles south of where they used to be), about 1/2 mi. west of I35E. The Valwood exit is very close to the I35E and I635 junction.

They have a lot of speaker stuff these days.

They also have something very tempting- a power transformer (EI type) with two 40VCT output windings rated at 25A each for $45. One could make a real beast of an amp with a thing like that...

A friend tells me there is a surplus parts place near the Addison airport, but I don't know the details. I'll pump him for the info and post again.

MR

parts and stuff

One thing I would recommend is to get to know other hobbyist in your area.

This will allow you to trade parts, ideas, etc.

There is a really good group of guys in your area.

Many of them are coming up to Wichita Falls next week for the Texas 2002 DIY event. You could meet a lot of them there.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I've been to first saturday a couple times, but don't ever remember seeing audio stuff.

However one time like 4 months after computer DVD drives came out, we found a guy selling unmarked toshiba drives that were just the drive, no drivers, no packaging, nothing for $40. We got one and it was pretty cool except that there wasnt really any way to use DVD's on a computer yet.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out Tanners. I was a little depressed when I found out Mousers doesnt have a brick and mortar any more, but I haven't been to Tanners in probably 5 or 6 years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.