ARTA

In the meantime I have been able to sketch the input stages of 2i2.
Attached is the block diagram.( If the need arises I can upload the sketch. ) After studying the same and noting that the first stage of line amp is a unity gain buffer,how much would be the error if the gain of the mic preamp is entered as the left channel preamp gain entry in ARTA ?

Attachments

• Block diag.jpg
    Block diag.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 682
In the meantime I have been able to sketch the input stages of 2i2.
Attached is the block diagram.( If the need arises I can upload the sketch. ) After studying the same and noting that the first stage of line amp is a unity gain buffer,how much would be the error if the gain of the mic preamp is entered as the left channel preamp gain entry in ARTA ?

Success now depends on where ASIO inputs/outputs are connected in this diagram.

At least you have tried which is achievement by itself.

You can probably go along with single-channel FFT mode measurements. My observations are that with linear card it doesn't give significant errors compared to dual-channel FFT. In this mode you don't need to have extra input and dual-channel FFT related calibration.

ARTA version 1.8.0 is published (see download section).

New features are:

- ARTA has enhanced view of directivity pattern with new "filled contour plot"
- Reference angle for directivity normalization is now user defined
- ASIO driver recognized true 24 bit format of I/O transfer
- ASIO response has been improved
- Calibration procedure has selectable sampling rate: 44100 and 48000 Hz
- Added Phase intercept distortion in ARTA smoothed frequency response window
- Added overlay in ARTA Step response window
- ARTA saves number of averages in IR measurement setup
- Mic. freq. compensation accept only raising frequency points
- New Tool in ARTA: 1/3 octave SPL and loudness time record history
- LIMP has subtract from overlay command (good for removing influence cable resistance)
- LIMP has cable serial impedance compensation
- LIMP has new L3R lossy inductance model of loudspeaker voice coil impedance
- LIMP has better (nonlinear LSE) optimization of TSP estimation
- LIMP has ability to show several target curves,
- LIMP can generate special target curve by pressing F3 in main window - loudspeaker impedance calculated from TSP
- STEPS has corrected *.csv export
- STEPS has new type of measurement: Loudspeaker Maximum SPL vs. Distortion

On support page there are new tutorials for ARTA, STEPS and LIMP in german language.

Merry Xmas
Ivo & Heinrich

i have bild a measurement box,bild in amp and bild in usb audio interface.
but i'm getting a strange impedance reading.
there is no spike?
also there is some difference between pink noise and stepped sine,but this might be normal.
maybe its a setting?
any help is much apreciated
no%20spike.JPG

i have bild a measurement box,bild in amp and bild in usb audio interface.
but i'm getting a strange impedance reading.
there is no spike?
also there is some difference between pink noise and stepped sine,but this might be normal.
maybe its a setting?
any help is much apreciated
no%20spike.JPG
What is the quoted Qts/Qes/Qms of the driver ? Those curves just look like a driver with a very low Qts.

As for why the stepped sine and noise readings show different curves with different resonance frequencies - that is not an error in the software or measurement, that is the centre frequency and Q of the drivers mechanical resonance changing with suspension excursion! :)

All drivers do this to some degree - some dramatically so. The pink noise mode causes less peak excursion for the same overall RMS level thus you get a different (usually higher) resonance frequency.

Welcome to the real world where thiele small parameters are not constant but vary depending on drive level. :)

Try reducing the drive level of the stepped sine mode and you will find a point where you get about the same response as the pink noise mode.

Last edited: