Mid-bass line array -extremis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Part 3:

Attachments

• studio pro wh8 part3.jpg
    studio pro wh8 part3.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 239
There are a few other candidates, but you'll have to model these for yourself for the moment. I have to go now. Here they are in no particular order:

GOLDWOOD GW-208/8 8" OEM WOOFER 8 OHM

GOLDWOOD GW-8028 8" BUTYL SURROUND WOOFER

GOLDWOOD GW-206/8 6-1/2" OEM WOOFER 8 OHM

GOLDWOOD GW-6028 6-1/2" BUTYL SURROUND WOOFER

There are also two 'Buy-out' woofers that would work. These are available for a limited time only, but the prices are very low. These are:

8" SHIELDED WOOFER 16 OHM

6-1/2" SHIELDED POLY WOOFER 12 OHM

Have fun playing.

Enjoy,
Deon

Deon, thanks for modeling these.

Also doing two woofer arrays breaks the guidelines for the Line Arrays driver to driver distances.
I originally though about symmetry, but then after reading and studying, I settled on a single LA.

I do plan to make this a sealed cabinet, as I’m looking for smooth response down to 60hz (even though I plan to cross over at 85). Power is not a concern.
Open baffle or dipole is also out. My big Monoliths are dipoles and still have issues (with SPL) down around 130Hz.

From the looks of these graphs, none seem to have decent response at 85hz. I’m pretty sure six Extremis will deliver high SPL at 85 and at 450Hz.

The Extremis are now on order and should arrive here next week.

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.