Speaker selection help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2006, 03:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to lbreevesii
Default Speaker selection help

Okay, I had a thread a while back but it just got cluttered which was really my fault for not being concise enough...

Anyway, lets just go about it this way and see what you guys throw out there.

I am in need of some speakers to do double duty as home theatre and pc multimedia speakers. They will be used for music(everything from classic rock with plenty of drums to ole' blue eyes and Norah Jones), gaming(first person shooters with lots of explosions and accurate gunshot sounds), and for a movie or two on occassion. So basically they need to produce clear somewhat crisp uppers and mids, and nice deep bass. I want these to be something I will want to use for years to come.

For the time being I will only need two sateilites and have 300 dollars or so to spend on drivers. crossovers, other hardware, and shipping. Don't worry about enclosure material in that price as I have enough mdf to build a house...

Since I intend to use these in a dorm room as well as home they will need to be floorstanding(or bookshelf adapted to floorstanding) with a relatively small footprint. Somewhere around 40" tall should work well.

Could someone recommend either a project guide fitting such specs that someone has done(so we know for certian that it sounds nice!), or just the best driver selection in that range and suggestions for a box design that fits their specs.

Thanks,
~Larry

Hide this!Advertise here!