3 way for the future

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a variation of the fullrage driver posts that seem to have got stuck.

after my current speker is done i will be interested in building a speaker with the following parameters.

1. it must be a 3 way and bi amped. so all that need be done is build a passive 2 way XO which is much simpler than 3 way.

2. the mid freq driver must be capable of 105db @ 70Hz and yet be fast enough to reach up to 4k. (see full range driver posts).

3. the system will be configured as 2 woofer cabs, 4 6" 2 way cabs, and cab for the center channel whcih i am stil confused about. for the center a coax with woofers a la vandersteen's idea. http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/VCC-5lit.html

now comes the hard part.

a. one part of me wants a open box 6" 2way for the luxuirous open box sound the other part wants the bass response that goes with a closed box is there a happy medium? TL? Aperiodic?

b. how does one get a co ax driver (tannoy, KEF uniQ, etc) that matches with the rest of the system?

c. I would like the rear speaker to be as shallow as possible to faclitate wall mounting like show below
http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/vsmlit.html

d. the box volume for the 6" should be less than 15 liters and the sub box volume should be less than 60 liters. Can one build a TL sub using a 10" under 60 liters? I am considering either a 10" or 2 8".

e. speed of bass is more important than SPLs, or extension to me. I am happy with 105db at 35-40Hz. if the roll of is gradual (sealed,TL, aperiodic) it more than compensates.

drivers
tweeters: Focal TiO2 (grey), SS 2904/70000, Vifa ring, any leaf/ribbon that can work to 4k

mids: SEAS W18 Excel, SS 18W4631, Jordan JX92 or 150

subs: SS 8565, Focal 10W, Peerless CSX 10", Vifa PL22 x 2.

ideas? suggestions? flames?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.