What is a Seas tweeter faceplate made out of?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an easy question for the more experienced.... is the faceplate on the Seas 27TDFC/TV made out of aluminum or plastic? I hope it is plastic because I'm building a very narrow enclosure and I want to round the side edges with a router.

If the Seas faceplate is not plastic, can someone recommend an alternative? The criteria is low distortion, can be crossed at 1800hz 3rd order, ferrofluid cooled, <1khz fs and shielded or neo.

Dan

I don't know how I missed the very obvious last sentance of the product description at madisound.

"The chassis is precision molded glass reinforced plastic and offers optimum radiation."

That solves one problem, my router should be able to slice through that pretty easily.

Anyone know how close the non-shielded version of this tweeter can be placed to a CRT monitor? The lower fs of the non-shielded version is very attracitve, but these will be multimedia speakers.

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.