newbie needs transformer advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm new to ESL's and a dunce with electronics but I still want to build a pair of hybrids. I have in mind 12" x 48" esl panels using 1/16" stator-to-diaphram spacing and either Peerless 12" long-throw woofers in open-baffles (dipoles) or smaller woofers in TL's. Unfortunately, low bucks will mandate passive X-overs for this project (I'm thinking 225hz). I have Roger Sanders' excellent book but I'm still struggling with understanding the transformer and X-over requirements. I've read some threads here on transformers but, being the dummy that I am, it's all Greek to me.

I need to find a source for reasonably priced transformers for my project and I need to know exactly what to ask for. If someone can recommend a source, brand, model number, etc..., that's what I need.

Also, I could use some advice on a passive X-over configuration for this project.

thanks everyone,
Charlie (taichi guy)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.