10" and 12" sharing the same enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you'll have two diffterent response curves and resonance frequencies to deal with. Just because it's been done, doesn't mean it should be ;)

Personally, I'd just use whichever is most apropriate for the current project, and save the other for later. Alternatively you could run them in seperate bands, but A 10 and 12 are probably too close to bother, and unless you're doing active crossover and seperate amps, your xover parts would be huge and expensive.

Another possibility if you didn't check it out too carefully is that the other one you saw may have had a passive radiator. Probably still tough to tune, but less so than two different size speakers.

-Nick

It would be for a subwoofer, but for low end in a 3-way speaker.

The point about the passive radiator makes sense. That's a possibility. After all, it was just pictures and brief descriptions I saw. I personally had never tried mixing woofer sizes and was surprised to see it.

Thanks for the info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.