Looking for specs: Vifa TC18WG29-08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You definitely sure it's 29?

I can't find any references to the 29, but lots of references to the 49.

Edit:

I've also found a 69 which has a very similar FR to the 49, but a lower impedance and 3dB higher sensitivity.

Do you have the means to test the voice coil resistance and inductance?

If your multimeter can measure resistance, connect it across the speaker terminals and see what it reads. If it's about 6 ohms, then you've probably got an 8 ohm driver. If it's about 4 ohms then it's probably a 6 ohm driver, and if it's about 3 ohms then it'll be a 4 ohm driver.

well, it looks like the TC18wgXX-08 drivers are pretty much the same to me. The 29 and 69 (replacing the XX above) appear to have truncated frames. The 15 is the renowned infinity buyout from PE.

I have a pair of 15 and they measure essentially the same as the 49 specs I see around the web.

probably a good chance yours are around:
Fs=37-39
Qts=.47
Vas=25-30liters or thereabouts

I have mine in 24L sealed boxes, and they sound OK. I kind of wish I had gone smaller to give them more punch....

Relax said:
Found this:

http://www.speakerenco.nl/speaker2.php?id=29

From this main site:

http://www.speakerenco.nl/content/folder.pdf

I don't know how to read it, but maybe someone else can? I think its german or dutch...

Any info, perhaps even a contact to get specs from would help greatly.
Here's the translation from Dutch:

Model: Quint mkll
Brand: Speaker en Co
Description: 3 way bassreflex
Type: Tower
Measurements: 98 x 19,5 x 33 cm
Power: 100 Watt
Efficiency: 89 dB/1W/1m
impedance: 4 ohm
frequency range: 50-20.000 Hz
Tweeter: Vifa TC 25 TG05-06
Mid: Vifa TC 18 WG29-08
Woofer: Vifa TC 18 WG29-08
volume: 44 liter
Cabinet parts: 18 mm MDF Euro 65,- a piece.
speakers/filtercomponents: Euro 159,- a piece
memo: This 2.5 way system has recently been upgraded with new woofers and a new tweeter. The filter has been completely redesigned. One of the first things to be noticed is the powerful bass response, this is one for the admirers of big bass.

I've also found the drawings for the cabinet and crossover.
If you need more translating from Dutch to English feel free to ask!

There's no further info on this particalur driver on their website.
If you're not going to measure T/S parameters yourself (which is always better), I'm willing to give them a call and find out if they have some specs of this driver, just ask!

Ciao,
Emiel

Attachments

• quint-mk2_1a.jpg
    quint-mk2_1a.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 191
Thank you very much!

I think I am going to attempt to measure the driver parameters myself soon. Hopefully they will come out close to the TC18WG49-08 specs.

If I can't measure them, I will prolly just build the cabinet from those designs, since I was planning on using the drivers for the low end. paired with a tangband W3-871s.

Well, after contacting Tymphany, they simply told me I had to contact their north american distributors.

So I sent an email to madisound, and the sent me specs for the TCWG49-08. So now I am finding out from them if the speakers share the same specs and the only differenc is indeed the truncated edges on the 29.

Hopefully I will know soon.

Well, I have got to thank Madisound for their excellent customer service and Info department on being one of the fastest to respond to my questions.

In any case they sent me this PDF.

Now what numbers should I use for SPL and Fr?

Attachments

• tc14wg29.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 140
I'd go with the average of about 88dB, the '49' (see http://madisound.com/pdf/vifa/tc18wg49-08e.pdf) has a 2 to 3 dB rise above 1kHz, this will probable also be the case with this version. That's something to keep in mind when creating the crossover, by the way.

About Fr: the Fi and Fo figures seem pretty low to me, the '49' has a Fr of 37 Hz, maybe you can check with Madisound how the measured this.

Ciao

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.