Mcm 55-1870

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Woooo, thread rising from the dead...

I am now the proud owner of 36 pieces of 55-1870. I wanted to go for the die cast version (a little higher Qts), but MCM doesn't stock them any more. So now I have about 16 of those that will find use in a project sometime, somewhere...

I plan to load 16 1870s per side into some sealed hexagonal prism cabinets I've had since 1979. The brief is clean midrange articulation without doppler distortion. The cabinets roll off at about 120 Hz, so I will be pairing them with a sub to take the heat off the small drivers. High frequency will be handled by 4X per side of some little Fountek 3" full range drivers, each in its sealed, damped chamber so all the MCM drivers don't bully them.

Last edited:
I would call it more of a 4 1/2" midbass driver. It's a little bit smaller than the 5" Dayton Aluminum. Sounds about the same. Works great in my 2 1/2 way TMM...
MCMSeasLabyrinthBox.jpg
what are the woofers in this build??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.