suppliers of vintage drive units

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm brand new to the forum, so excuse me if I get something wrong!
I'm wondering if anyone can advise on any suppliers of vintage drive units. Specifically I'm looking for a tweeter for a Leak 600 Sandwich. Tese are cheished and much loved speakers, but bizarrely just a couple of minutes after fitting a new woofer the tweeter died on me. One mid-range unit could also do with replacement sooner or later.
The woofer took a lot of searching for (eventually eBay came up with the goods) so I'm wondering if there's an easier way? All advice on where I should start looking would be approciated.
Many thanks
Mike

Mike you could have the tweeter's coil re wound, I am sure in the UK you have lots of companies that repair woofers, you guys are lucky, you could go to the Hi-fi shows and talk to traders who deal in vintage audio, they would have something for you am sure or know where to get it at least.

Do you mind if i ask what model of Leak you have?

Many thanks for your answer.
By truly bizarre coincidence less than two hours after I posted that thread the needed units appeared on eBay - now I must hope the competition doesn't put them beyond my limited reach! I've not been to any hi-fi shows for 25+ years, maybe I should start going again!
The speakers I'm trying to restore are Leak Sandwich 600s (3-way, 8 Ohm) that I use every day in the office.
I also have a pair of very early 8 Ohm 600s with 13 inch woofers (rather than the usual 12 inch units) in the living room which sound exceptionally good, plus a pair of Mini Sandwiches running off a Stereo 70 in the 'workshop' and a pair of Sandwich 200s!
Mike

I saw a post in another thread indicating that it may be a wharfedale tweeter (purple).
If it is a Wharfedale, I'm not surprised that you need a replacement;) Those purple coned drivers seem to go open-circuit if you breathe on them! Since their response is nothing to write home about (in today's terms), I'd suggest that you consider replacing the pair with modern substitutes. If you decide to stick with the originals, be careful not to go anywhere near the 600's rated handling of 40W, and particularly avoid clipping:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.