Onken with Eminence drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, in the Onken design the Fs resonance frequencies were very low, not like the Eminence's bass drivers !

JMLab designed (Jacques Mahul- the JM of JM lab) a mini Onken with an old Focal driver with good results!

There is also members who designed a mini Onken with the serious EMS Speakers (ex Fertin) with good results !

Davis RCA 15 with wooden carbon is famous here for an Altec or JBL swaping in an Onken design too !

Jeff Bagby without trying to go too low in the bass end seemed to make a musical vented speaker with a large band frequencies like an Onken (testimonials ?) with the Tempest (40 Hz only, oups, sorry ! but maybe enough for home : room modes !)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Search for some of the other Onken threads here. I built a pair of Onkens based on Iconic 165-8G drivers a decade ago which are documented here. (In the time frame of this thread) I am still using them today. I will note that there are few drivers suited to this cabinet design, and those that are generally are expensive. I have not investigated recently to see what less expensive options might exist.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.