active filter question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm learning the various filters at the moment and designing my crossovers.

In the Active Filter One documentation which is very useful, the input filter on page 5 (values on page 22) is not explained.

http://www.delta-audio.com/Active_Filter_One/Active_filter_one_ver_1.0_dokumentation.pdf

I can see R3,C2 are a low pass to filter noise.

The R1,C1,R2 match the shelving low pass shematic on Linkwitz labs.

My calc shows that it gives a gain of 2, but will start to cut the output very slightly at eg 1.99 at 16kHz. Is this a mistake or is it that -0.5% is not something to worry about ? Or have I made a mistake calculating?

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Jimbo,

In the Linkwitz-type EQ filters C1 would generally be a larger value to move the center frequency well within the audio band to accomplish an EQ goal.
If this amplifier section is to be used simply as a gain section then C1 would be a much lower value component which would bring the voltage gain equal to unity (1) at frequencies above the audio band. With an OPA2134 the circuit will probably work fine without it, but it won't really hurt anything to leave it in.

For a non-inverting amplifer Av is equal to R1/R2+1....or 2.0 (6db) if R1=R2.

The circuit (and PCB) is setup very nicely by Jens so you have the option to configure this stage in a number of different ways.

Cheers,

Davey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.