free Tina ti circuit sim for crossover design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tina-ti.html

Hi all,

i've found the above sim very easy to use to model crossovers,
if you represent the drivers by its Re and Le. You'd need a more
advanced driver equivalent model to cope with the impedances
peaks due to fundamental resonances and reflex tuning etc.

:)/sreten.

Edit : you have include an unconnected op-amp in the circuit
to get it to work, but this doesn't cause you any problems.

TINA is a nice user-friendly SPICE program using the 3F5 engine (I believe). I use the 65 Euro basic version and have no problems. As with any of the easy-to-use SPICE programs around it doesn't provide as much in the way of control and diagnostics as LTSPICE for example, but it's a very nice way of getting into simulation, and (in my opinion at least) is better than any of the versions of Electronics Workbench.

Now build up some simulation models of real loudspeakers and crossovers to load your (virtual) amp designs with!

Well, you can use speaker workshop and it works just fine for circuit sims. Also the PCD from the FRD consortium.

The simulation from a spice program isn't really any good for loudspeaker design without measured response data and that isn't easy to put into a spice program.

Spice is however very nice for doing circuit sims and getting a basic understanding of how things work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.