seas bookshelf - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2006, 05:40 AM   #1
rv1890 is offline rv1890  Armenia
diyAudio Member

Default seas bookshelf

Ive been looking at the DD8-MKII on http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/DD8-MkII.html and noticed it uses the same drivers as the bookshelf that I finished building from Zaphs web site the seas l18/27

The question I had was why does the humble hi fi use a 2nd order xover @ 2khz and Zaph use a 4th order xover @ 2khz. Im still a newbie and was wondering what kinds of differences this makes. . Also does anyone know if humble hifi's is ported or seald?. And has anyone heard both systems and impressions. Thanks.
Old 30th January 2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
The reflex port is placed in the rear panel and is a standard plastic trumpet shape tube from Monacor, the BR45-TR (Sd=13,8cm2).
The above comes from the link you gave.

Series crossovers sound different and interesting I might add.

Its precarious to fit in even slightly different baffle shapes with different tunings. You may test and tune to find out if you are curious enough.

I have no personal experience from Humble designs. I am aware that they have a good name in Europian DIY though.
Old 30th January 2006, 10:24 AM   #3
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Re: seas bookshelf

Quote:
Originally posted by rv1890

The question I had was why does the humble hi fi use a 2nd order xover @ 2khz and Zaph use a 4th order xover @ 2khz. Im still a newbie and was wondering what kinds of differences this makes. . Also does anyone know if humble hifi's is ported or seald?. And has anyone heard both systems and impressions. Thanks.
Hi,

both designs use 2nd order electrical crossovers.
Zaph correctly describes his c/o as 4th order acoustic.

/sreten.

Hide this!Advertise here!