seas bookshelf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been looking at the DD8-MKII on http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/DD8-MkII.html and noticed it uses the same drivers as the bookshelf that I finished building from Zaphs web site the seas l18/27

The question I had was why does the humble hi fi use a 2nd order xover @ 2khz and Zaph use a 4th order xover @ 2khz. Im still a newbie and was wondering what kinds of differences this makes. . Also does anyone know if humble hifi's is ported or seald?. And has anyone heard both systems and impressions. Thanks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The reflex port is placed in the rear panel and is a standard plastic trumpet shape tube from Monacor, the BR45-TR (Sd=13,8cm2).

The above comes from the link you gave.

Series crossovers sound different and interesting I might add.

Its precarious to fit in even slightly different baffle shapes with different tunings. You may test and tune to find out if you are curious enough.

I have no personal experience from Humble designs. I am aware that they have a good name in Europian DIY though.

rv1890 said:

The question I had was why does the humble hi fi use a 2nd order xover @ 2khz and Zaph use a 4th order xover @ 2khz. Im still a newbie and was wondering what kinds of differences this makes. . Also does anyone know if humble hifi's is ported or seald?. And has anyone heard both systems and impressions. Thanks.

Hi,

both designs use 2nd order electrical crossovers.
Zaph correctly describes his c/o as 4th order acoustic.

:) /sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.