Millenium tweeters soud different Help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem with my Millenium tweeters in that they don't sound exactly the same. One is more harsh but has more high (edgy) frequencies and the other is smoother sounding but with less high frequenxcy extention. I suspected the crossover and as I had them rebuilt but the problem remained with the tweeter and not the speaker box the tweeter was attached to when I switched tweeters. The difference is noticable only right up at the tweeter but the difference is there. Is this normal for there to be this type of difference between tweeters of this range. I've heard much less tweeters in much less speakers sound identical to my ears. What can I do to fix this problem? I would be happy to be able to have a quick fix but I need to find a solution.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
It could actually be the source or amplifiers.

Have you tried switching the cables around from the left loudspeaker to the right and vice versa? If the problem moves whilst changing cables its clearly and amplifier/source issue.

Also be aware that placement within the room effects the tonal balance and it could be that you need to move the speakers to see if that affects things.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.