Crossover suggestions? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2006, 11:17 PM   #11
thalis is offline thalis  Greece
diyAudio Member

Forget the 1% tolerance - tolerance is used in this program for some sort of analysis – I just chose the 1% figure in the end because without any tolerance all values are written with two decimal zeros which are some times distracting.
I didn’t see your note about the 1litter enclosure, so I modeled the mid in a big one. There will be no phase differences in the crossover point with this change, only a minor magnitude difference in the 100-300 Hz region were the mid contributes a little only – in any case it is not significant. 1 litter is a very small place for the mid to play really good though and you should place a lot of stuffing inside.
I think that the second proposal should be fine, but I also suggest you get some basic measurement software and a basic mic to perform some measurements with these drivers in their box. It is possible that frequency curves given by the manufacturers (especially for the tweeter) are not precise and that my assumptions are not perfect and this could possibly end up with magnitude differences and phase dif. as well.
Regards,
Thalis
Old 22nd April 2006, 06:56 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Cool Finally Summer....

Here is my first try at a set of speakers. Old cabinets were used with new baffle attached. New speaker cabinets will be built in the next couple of weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabinet.jpg (82.4 KB, 66 views)
Old 22nd April 2006, 07:00 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

and crossover based on last thalis post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crossover.jpg (93.1 KB, 69 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!