Yamaha NS-8390

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!!! Because of the shipping cost of the speakers to Argentina, I decided not to DIY :(

im planning to buy this speakers. what do you think? anybody own a pair?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/pdfs/moreinfo/ns8390.pdf

I know that there is lot of better speakers. But as I said, I live in Argentina and I can't buy the things I want because here doesnt exists people who import all the stuff.

I'm only looking for good sound. I'm planning to use the mauro penassa's LM3886 design as AMP for the speakers.

Any advice are welcome!

thanks!!!
Jorge.

hi jorge,
i have auditioned this speakers before using yamaha amplifier of course. they sound good IMHO good midrange & detailed trebel but don't expect a very good bass, that maybe depending on your amp, room size, positioning etc... their sensitivity is 89db so it is better to use at least 100-180W amplifier at 8 OHMS to get a better sound.
hope this helps good luck

RICMAN said:
hi jorge,
i have auditioned this speakers before using yamaha amplifier of course. they sound good IMHO good midrange & detailed trebel but don't expect a very good bass, that maybe depending on your amp, room size, positioning etc... their sensitivity is 89db so it is better to use at least 100-180W amplifier at 8 OHMS to get a better sound.
hope this helps good luck

Hi!!!

I'm not expecting a GOOOOOOOOOOD bass response from a 8" speakers. I will not expect bass from anything after using my 18" sub. only from 2x18" :D

This speakers will act as front channels of my home theather.

thanks again
Jorge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.