Dipole Audio Brains Unite !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Chasing dipole bass quality....

The Big Question....

Could something like a single 12" XLS or a single 12" RSS be satisfactorily operated as a low-mid-bass driver in a dipole?

Say something like from 80 - 300 hz.

If so (drum roll please) what would the neccessary path length be in order to achieve a satisfactory result?

What could be expected in the way of efficency?

Could a satifactory SPL be reached in the 80 to 100 Hz range before the driver ran out of excursion?

These are all very troubling questions

Im not lazy - I'm just stoopid - Isn't there a program available for modeling these parameters??????

No takers?

Okay Okay,,,I'll come up with some math from SL's webiste, maybee that'll help.

Dipole bass uses up excusion big time...but what if you don't even try to go low...maybee just to 80 or 100 hertz....

C'mon I need some insight !

There is a path length that defines what the response will be..what would the path length need to be?

Could one "big excusion" woofer provide the SPL if all it had to do was deliver 80/100hz and above??????

(snort)

Hi there

I am not sure about the 12" RSS, but the 12" XLS is definately not clean enough in it's uppper registers to be used so high up.

I would also be looking at the Ascendant Audio Assassin 12 as a possible solution. Even the Assassin 10 could be good enough.

Enjoy,
Deon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.