external passive crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Have recently finished some IPL M3TML speakers and was thinking about making an external crossover with better components.
Being completely ignorant on such matters (but confusing myself after reading a few similar threads) I was wondering if the distance of the xover to the speakers means I have to change anything or can I use exactly the same components (thinking of inductors here)

Hi there Spacejay, I think that using external xovers makes a large diffenrence to the overall fidelity of ANY loudspeaker.
Coz when removed from the vibration in the cabinet the xover can do its job virtually unhindered.I use my xovers close (less than 10 inches away from the power amplifier) to the amplifiers.
I also have screwed mine to the wall and have used neutrik speakon connectors for inouts and outputs. Although not as clean reproduction as an active xover its pretty dam. close. :cool:
S
ps. just go ahead do it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.