Vifa xt25 & Peerless Exclusive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vifa xt25 & Peerless Exclusive

Since there are not that much action going on in the car audio section, i'm posting this here.I altso think im going to get a better answer in here!
anyhow i'm thinking about putting in a vifa xt25 and som Peerless exclusive midbass in my car. But after reading som posts about the XT i'm not quite shure what size i should use for the midbass or whitch tweeter. The subs im going to use is a pair of the peerless xxls.
What is the best to use as the midbass between the tweeter and the sub..? a singel 5''/6,5'' or making it a 3-way with a 6,5'' and a 4''.
I got a Alpine MRV-F545 4chanel amp that is a tad bright, so may consider some other tweeters in the same price range..?
I read only positiv things about the Exclusive's so i'm shure i'l use them, but im not quite shure about whats best as the tweeters.
I was thinking about running the set active so if its going to work, i would rather have a 2-way system.

a picture of the tweeter..a smaller neodynium edition.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i'm going to runs these active, and with the XT19 instead of XT25. the 19 got better off axis response.
si i'l use the Xt19 with a peerless hds exclusive 6-3/4'' and cross it around 1000-2000. il test it to find out whats the best
And if the crossing between the midbass and the tweeter sucks, il buy an 4'' to put between. :cool:

hc_TK said:
i'm going to runs these active, and with the XT19 instead of XT25. the 19 got better off axis response.
si i'l use the Xt19 with a peerless hds exclusive 6-3/4'' and cross it around 1000-2000. il test it to find out whats the best
And if the crossing between the midbass and the tweeter sucks, il buy an 4'' to put between. :cool:

You have some good choices. I am currently running a 3-way front setup.

I'm using the Alpine varient of the Vifa XT19, which comes with their Type-X components. I like them much better then the Boston Rally, OZ-25, LPG 25, Seas 27 Neo titanium that I had before.

My midrange drivers are Audax HM100CO and they are dash mounted. I decided to use these drivers because they only require 1.7 L ported to go down to 80Hz, which is perfect for my 160Hz @ 6dB high pass. I might eventually replace them with the Scan Speak 12Ms but I have to save money for a wedding.

My midbass drivers are JL Audio 8IB4, which were designed spefically for door installations (QTC: .684, 8 mm Xmax one-way, 87.4dB, 8 ohm).

I haven't heard the Peerless HDS midbass but I hear good things about them. You also might want to look into the Ascendant Audio 6.5 Poly Mids. They might do better IB (door installed) and they have an insane amount of excursion ~11 mm.

You really should check out www.DIYMOBILEAUDIO.COM . One member, who is a licensed dealer, is selling a buch of Seas and Peerless drivers (including the 7" Exclusive (830883)).

look at zaphaudio tweeter mishmash

looking at hd plots, the bigger regular version would be better distortion wise. anyway, both theses tweeters needs to be crossed high. 2khz LR4 seems to be a minimum for non fatiguing listening for the regular xt25, and even higher for the neo version (2.5khz seems like a good compromise) and i assume quite safely that it would be worse for the xt19.

the peerless exclusive have it's breakup quite high in frequency, but it's also quite severe, and has repercussion in the odd order distortions lower in frequency.

so it' doable, but certainly not the best mating between drivers.

i would advise you another very good midrange driver. If you are using subwoofers, i guess the vifa Xg18 would be a perfect mating, as it is quite easy to work with in the midrange. the only drawback of this driver being bass distortion wich a little bit high, but this is clearly of no problem if you have the peerless subwoofers to back it up.

another driver that comes to my mind is the new ascendant audio poly 6.5, wich may be extremely simple to work with, and has astounding distortion performance in the midrange.

if you're quite decided as to go with the peerless exclusive, you can also select another tweeter, that can go lower without distorting. you have quite a bit of choice in this area, like the Seas 27TBFCG and TDFC, or the new peerless hds, wich looks quite amazing

just my 2 cents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.