tweeter arrays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i still am working on a sub project, but in the near future (late spring,) i want to see if i can build a compact tweeter array to get me SERIOUS volume and sound reproduction. Id like to go up to about 18k hz, and im still unsure of my lower crossover (between 3 and 5 k) I am gonna use these things for house and drum n bass djing, and my ultimate goal is to have a really serious sound system that still fits in the back of a volvo station wagon (turntables speakers amps and all.) I am thinking i want to make an array of some unknown driver rather than get one of those ungodly priced horns or cones or domes or whatever. I also think i want to make these 2 arrays have eight 8 ohm speakers each, so it adds up to 4 ohms. I am going to be running this on a behringer ep2500 amp that gets 750 watts at 4 ohms when in stereo mode. This means i need a tweeter that gets 50 watts rms, 100 watts peak, has high efficiency, and will be really flat from about 3 or 4k to 18k hz. Inexpensiveness is a huge plus (i am more than willing to sacrfice spl for cost, thats why im building an array and not getting some high end speaker.)

Sooooo... what would you guys recomend for what im trying to do? keep in mind i am trying to get serious quality jsut as much as im trying to get serious loud, so i want a good balance.

PS... when designing high end housings, does cabinet size really matter at all?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.