LEAP Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perhaps it would help if you could make your acoustic/electrical measurements available online. Without measurements, about the only useful information you could derive from LEAP is the box alignment. LEAP is not clever enough to accurately model speaker systems from specifications alone.

Have you tried SpeakerWorkshop? Tools from the FRD Group might interest you as well.

:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
f4ier wrote:

"LEAP is not clever enough to accurately model speaker systems from specifications alone".

Yet it seems to be the software the pros use.
I assume SpeakerWorkshop or tools from the FRD Group are capable of doing the job or is there another/better software package that enables one to do such?

Franklin

Franklin,

The tools from the FRD Group and SW are just as capable as LEAP. As for a complete package, I'd suggest SoundEasy. Of course, that suggestion may change when LspCAD 6 or Windows LEAP is released.

Milzie,

LEAP can work with T/S data, but then it is no better than the next 2-dollar tool. Garbage in - garbage out :) T/S parameters are useful for determining box size and tuning frequency, but they are not enough to predict the high-frequency behaviour of the driver in question; which is why measurements are taken when designing crossovers. The first picture in this page is an example of measured data vs. calculated data.

LEAP and LMS Software

I purchased the LEAP and LMS package quite a number of year ago with full options. I find that both of these are extremely good packages and able to model drives quite accurately.

Modeling speakers can be quite a time consuming process and I don't have the time available to do this. I did want to state that both the LEAP and LMS packages do a excellent job, especially the updated versions.

There is a new version of LEAP coming out soon. I I dont know if it would be worth while for me to buy the upgrade since I have not done dynamic speaker design work since I got my SoundLab A1 electrostatics.

John Fassotte
Alaskan Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.