Infinite Slope?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for info on some speakers my father bought in teh mid to late 1980's. He sent me this information:

Infinite Slope is on a little plate in the lower left corner on the front. On the back there is a larger plate with limited lifetime warrenty info and inspection data. The model is Infinite Slope. They are(were?) put out by:

I S Engineering Corporation
519 East Middle Turnpike
Manchester, Conn. 06040
(203) 643-2160

Is this now Joseph Audio? The speakers have three drivers and a slanted baffle. I recall somehow that they had casters rather than spikes. I also recall some curious child putting a ping pong ball like dent in the dome of a tweeter...would be nice to replace that.

Thanks for any help!

Aaron;)

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I believe that if it was not put out by Joseph Audio, it was made by license from Joseph Audio, because Infinite Slope is their trademark.

If the company is defunct, (I don't know if it is), you might be able to get some info on them from Joseph Audio. Can't hurt to try.

Have you called that number in Manchester, CT, by the way?

Is that IS engineering corp or JS engineering corp?

Got it.

Okay...

I called Joseph Audio and found out the following:

-My dad mis-typed and the company was JS Engineering, not IS Engineering.

-John Fillipito (spelling?) was the owner of the company and according to the gentleman at Joseph, is still honoring the Lifetime Warranty on the speakers.

-John moved on to run Source Technologies in Manchester, CT. I cuold not find a speaker manufacturer by that name in a quick Google search.

-The 3-driver, slanted baffle model my father has is the Model 1, which has a textile dome tweeter. There was a Model 1.2 that had a metal dome tweeter, but that is less abundant.

-The original list price in the 1980's went from $900 up to $1100.

-If anyone else blows a tweeter, the original part was the Dynaudio D28AF. It is no longer available as a part. Only in the Dynadio speaker you might buy.

If anyone else is looking for info on these durn good sounding speakers, I hope this helps.

Aaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.