Speaker decision

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Until I found this site I was going the open baffle route but after being tempted by the TL site I am now on the Ariel/Thor route.
Any suggestions please...for info..room size 22ft long by 15ft wide, mostly glass windows, wooden ceiling which is underside of roof, apex 16ft. listen to classical, film, a little rock. Budget is okay but only passive crossovers as budget will not cope with multi amps, however once speakers finished will splash out on new amp, but just the one.............

Thanks

Smokeyone

Hi Smokeyone!

Take a good advice from an old speakerbuilder: don`t go for that Thor-speaker. Those Seas-drivers don`t sound good at all, I have a pair of those tweeters lying around and I won`t even GIVE them away..

Pick some good drivers, like Scanspeak SD-9300/9500/9700 for the top. For mid the Seas G-17REX/P sounds wery clean, with an extra magnet added it`s superb.

- or whatewer you choose, avoid metal-cones and other drivers with major reconanse-trouble.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.