New HT system design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a whole HT system of Vifa drivers at half price a week or so ago (except the sub driver)

I think the design I have just put onto my drawing board, is a good starting point for what will finally get built.

Finish will be the rather gorgeous 3mm ply I got hold of a while ago, over 16mm mdf. The ply is sort of grey and pinkish grey mottled !!

Comments please !

my drawing board is at http://home.iprimus.com.au/gradds/drawingboard.htm

Hi Andy!

Take a good advice from an old speakerbuilder: don`t go for that Thor-speaker. Those Seas-drivers don`t sound good at all, I have a pair of those tweeters lying around and I won`t even GIVE them away..:rolleyes:

Pick some good drivers, like Scanspeak SD-9300/9500/9700 for the top. For mid the Seas G-17REX/P sounds wery clean, with an extra magnet added it`s superb.

- or whatewer you choose, avoid metal-cones and other drivers with major reconanse-trouble.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.