rehab old genesis II's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have a pair of Genesis II with toasted woofers and passive radiators. since I already replaced these for in-house use, I don't really want to dump a bunch of $ into them for rehab, but thought it might be good build project with no woodworking required. anyway, I know of the original parts available from human speakers, but they aren' t cheap, and I was even considering changing the stock set-up anyway. originally it had an 8" woof and 10" pr. the tweets are intact..obviously I don't want to just slap things in there without any modeling or planning.
dimensions (interior) were: Genesis II 25h 13w 9.5d 1.79 volume in ft3
what are your thoughts? how hard is it to design backwards--i.e. starting with box and backing up to drivers vs. other way around. any suggestions about "mid-line" drivers (not cheapo, but less than the $60 per that human has, unless human's are just that good), as well as modeling. thanks

actually, the woofers actually got, um, heated, and caught on fire ! (long story, great party, though), with resultant damage to both woofers and pr's, from the plastic-foam melting and dripping. no one was hurt, luckily, except the speakers. they were of the green foam generation

I don't mind redoing the baffle, since it is an open-ended project, I was just wondering about starting with the dimensions of my box pre-determined, and not being familiar with the software programs, nor with any similar rehabs of this enclosure. I'm a bit surprised no one has really made any comments, either for new design or for going with the human replacements. I mean, if they were endorsed, I could still do that; it just seemed like a hefty investment in drivers that might not better a well thought-out new design.
thanks sreten!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.