Help me choosing a tweeter for my car (tang bang versus vifa)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for a tweeter for my car, that I will match with a midbass from a b&w dm600s3 loudspeaker (the tweeter from this loudspeaker is too big to use in the car due to it's rear chamber).

I could test a Vifa D26nc-15-06 (and liked it), but a friend of mine that compared this tweeter with a Tang Bang 28-847SA (can't confirm if it's exactly this model, but it looks the same), and said that the Tang Bang had more upper extension and was more natural.

Now I'm trying to choose between the Vifa D26nc55-06 (a newer version from the D26nc-15-06) and the Tang Bang. I don't know how the D26nc-55 sounds, everything that I know is that it has more extension looking on frequency response charts (the nc-15 starts to drop at around 18kHz and the nc-55 at around 30kHz), but I know that it doesn't tell the whole history.

Anyway, the Tang Bang is cheaper, although not a big difference, the taxes here on Brazil are quite high ( 78% if I'm not wrong over the price + shipping and handling), so it does make a difference. I'm not willing to get a lower performer tweeter paying more for it. What do you recommend for me ?

Don't know if it worths to modify the tweeter, because if I have to sell the loudspeaker for any reason, no one will want to buy it. Maintaining it as original is better on this perspective.

And also, the original tweeter is not a great performer. I believe that even the d26nc-15 is a better performer (I would have to play with crossover components to be sure about that).

And a third problem, there is no screw to fix the tweeter on a plate, it uses a different system (that I can't explain well in english) to fit in the original loudspeaker plate. This is the main problem that made me avoid this tweeter in the car.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.