Resonance Frequency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Experts,

I am measuring a Scan Speak mid woofer (8530K00) and do not reach the Fs indicated by the manufacturer.

30Hz are the indicated by scan speak.
my measurement results around 34hz.

speakers are burnt in several days, measuring stripes are very short etc.

is more than 10% deviation normal?
how do you think about using modified parameters?

thanks for any answers!

Michael

8530K00

Wow !!!

I am more than satisfied - This forum is really great !!!
Thanks a lot for your immediate replies!
(And thanks for the "gruess gott" :)

Using the Scan Speak 8530K00 in my application is a bit curious, but with pleasure I answer your question:
Maybe you would expect that I use this excellent driver in combination with a ribbon or electrostatic tweeter, aren't you? :)
The opposite is the case: The Scan Speak provides the low end of a full range Jordan JX53. Cross-over will be at 200-400 according to listening tests, membrane movement and impedance compensation.
The reason for this is an existing full wood box and a lower quality woofer to be replaced.
However, the full range is rather "quick" and so the Scan Speak might "fit" better to the full range Jordan especially with a flat 6dB cross-over.
By the way, I will also replace the Jordan with the new Jordan JXr6 HD.
The Scan Speak leaves optically an extraordinary high quality impression. Acoustically I can't say anything yet.

With audiophile wishes
Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.