3-way speaker project-rAMPage-many questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th January 2006, 10:18 AM   #1
ZuMbAiU is offline ZuMbAiU  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Unhappy 3-way speaker project-rAMPage-many questions

Hi everybody.I want to make two 3-way speaker with 12`speaker for 50-600Hz,one speaker for the middle-600Hz-4kHz,and one bullet speaker for 4kHz-22(23)KhZ.In Bulgaria (my country) is too hard to find any driver for the low FREQUENCYs-50(or 45) hZ-600Hz.I can choose from this products:
1.All speakers Eminence -may be this
2.Slenium Pro series(may be not for HiFi)
3.Oberton
4.Beyma
5.Visaton -may be W 300 S - 8 Ohm
If any can help me with any ideas for good bass and good sound pressure or may be I want feel the bass in me may be.The music is house,tech,jungle,minimal and the amp is the Quasi Mosfet Monster (in progress)-270 per speaker(mono block)@8 Ohms.Is true that the Eminence 12 inchs can`t help me for this bass?

Thanks people and srr for the bad english
Old 7th January 2006, 01:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

THis is may be for me:
Beyma .)) 12BR70
Or not?
Or if i can buy any speaker from any online shop under 100 euros for 50(40)-600hZ?
Dayton and Peerless aren`t cheap for me and this is may be my big problem?
Old 7th January 2006, 03:02 PM   #3
filgor is offline filgor  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZuMbAiU
THis is may be for me:
Beyma .)) 12BR70
Or not?
Or if i can buy any speaker from any online shop under 100 euros for 50(40)-600hZ?
Dayton and Peerless aren`t cheap for me and this is may be my big problem?

This one looks great especially if it is reasonably priced for you it will definitely fulfill your needs

It appears to have +/- 6mm excursion which is not subwoofer material but very good for a 3 way system

The only parameter on the datasheet that doesnt seem to agree with the rest is SPL..
They claim 94.5dB into half space(2Pi) but according to its other parameters and the laws of physics I calculate that it should be around 92.7dB. If you look at the response curve you will see that it apears to be near 93dB from 600Hz down so assume this sensetivity.

Depending on the series resistance of your cross over inductor it will do best in a box somewhere in the area of 100L or 3-1/2cubic feet and that should give you an F3 well below 40Hz. Its best to work out box specifics when you know your added resistance from cross overs. This Resistance will also kill some of your SPL so keep it to minimal.

For example:
Lets say 0.4ohms series resistance
newQts will be 0.38
new SPL will be 92.1dB (calculated)
Use a box of 100Litres
Tune it to 35Hz
Your F3 is ~35.8Hz

In short it will definitly do what yo want

P.S. sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know
Old 7th January 2006, 03:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 3-way speaker project-rAMPage-many questions

Quote:
Originally posted by ZuMbAiU
Is true that the Eminence 12 inchs can`t help me for this bass?

P.S. Which model 12" eminence were you considering? I'm sure that they produce a 12 inch that will go down to 45Hz
Old 8th January 2006, 01:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I can choose from all Eminence speakers !
May be any is good for me ?
I want to hear all basses in the range of 800 Hz!
If in any track have "boom" i want to fell this "boom"?
May be the Eminence :
DELTA 12LF
Old 8th January 2006, 02:19 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

We've covered a bit of this in "extreme output bass. i need expert help". That's concentrating on pro-gear, but in light of your musical tastes, I don't think we're to far out of line. I think - correct me if I'm wrong, you're trying to find a bass driver that will happily comply with the deep bass function (someone on the afore mentioned link suggested that the "feel it factor" weighs in around ~40Hz) yet at the same time providing a seemless responce all the way upto 800HZ?
Old 8th January 2006, 02:30 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Delta 12 LF looks fine for your purposes; 90dB @ 1W/35Hz, although it rolls off very quickly after that. It's loud, "chunky" and has a nice even responce up to the ~800Hz mark you mentioned; with a little "in-room" assistance, these will rock; stick 'em by the wall & they'll more than give you the kick you're after.
Old 8th January 2006, 04:36 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jezz-the-Fezz
We've covered a bit of this in "extreme output bass. i need expert help". That's concentrating on pro-gear, but in light of your musical tastes, I don't think we're to far out of line. I think - correct me if I'm wrong, you're trying to find a bass driver that will happily comply with the deep bass function (someone on the afore mentioned link suggested that the "feel it factor" weighs in around ~40Hz) yet at the same time providing a seemless responce all the way upto 800HZ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jezz-the-Fezz
Delta 12 LF looks fine for your purposes; 90dB @ 1W/35Hz, although it rolls off very quickly after that. It's loud, "chunky" and has a nice even responce up to the ~800Hz mark you mentioned; with a little "in-room" assistance, these will rock; stick 'em by the wall & they'll more than give you the kick you're after.
I agree with Jezz,

The LF 12 is more of a Professional/stage driver. It is very tough and suits your needs perfectly.
Its got an ideal Qts, low enough for a vented enclosure and high enough for deep bass. Its reference sensetivity is theoretically ~1.4dB higher than the Beyma and thats quite significant. They will give you plenty of kick.
The LF12 will out perform the Beyma in just about every way.. even in the same box volume!
It's X-max is slightly lower though +-4.8mm which will mean a little more distortion from very low frequencies but it really shouldn't bother you.

Honestly you would be hard pressed to get more from a 12 inch driver.
Old 8th January 2006, 03:39 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Guys this is the question now:
Selenium Woofer Model WPU1205
OR
The Eminence DELTA 12LF
Because in Bulgaria,I can`t find The Lab12-ideal for sub or the Dayton Speakers.
Old 8th January 2006, 08:02 PM   #10
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Go for the Selenium

Hide this!Advertise here!