First effects of thympany-fusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Sad day,

Vifa's identity has been wiped out by some Peerless v-line rubbish.

They also massively scaled back the Vifa range - take a look and there's only 3 tweeters now and a handful of midbass and woofers.

Time will tell if they kill the brand completely or if they introduce new products. Its not looking good though because both Scanspeak and Peerless have new product announcements for 2006 but nothing from Vifa, make of that what you will.

ShinOBIWAN said:
Sad day,

Vifa's identity has been wiped out by some Peerless v-line rubbish.

They also massively scaled back the Vifa range - take a look and there's only 3 tweeters now and a handful of midbass and woofers.

Time will tell if they kill the brand completely or if they introduce new products. Its not looking good though because both Scanspeak and Peerless have new product announcements for 2006 but nothing from Vifa, make of that what you will.

Go over to the MAD board and search some of Ken Kantor's posts for the reasons behind the name change. It does look like the lineup has been pruned though.

Well, about the only thing I was crushed to see was the absence of the Vifa Aluminum 10" sub, one of the lastest from Vifa. The DX19 had good potential IMHO also.
However, I was delighted to see what appears to be new Alu. cone woofers in the Peerless line up. This one looks rather interesting. They have completely eliminated distortion! ;)
http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/printview.php?id=146
Time will tell of course.

Cheers,

AJ

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

p.s. the 4mm xmax is obviously a typo. The 12 says 12.5mm.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
AJinFLA said:
Well, about the only thing I was crushed to see was the absence of the Vifa Aluminum 10" sub, one of the lastest from Vifa. The DX19 had good potential IMHO also.
However, I was delighted to see what appears to be new Alu. cone woofers in the Peerless line up. This one looks rather interesting. They have completely eliminated distortion! ;)
http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/printview.php?id=146
Time will tell of course.

Cheers,

AJ

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

p.s. the 4mm xmax is obviously a typo. The 12 says 12.5mm.

The XT19 and PL18's have gone too :(

The new alu XXLS's look great but I prefer the one with the black dust cap. Wonder how these stack up against the very good Dayton Reference subs?

EDIT: Looking at the specs, I don't believe these will be as useful for lowdown bass as the current XLS's and Dayton Reference. The Fs is nearly 36hz and the rest of the TS don't really scream anything interesting. Looks to me like a car woofer this one.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
IMHO product streamlining is good.

As for the website, it must be undergoing some kind of transition period.

The last time I check some drivers had been placed into the wrong categories eg. SS 13M8636 was classed as "Revelator" and SS 15M4531K was classed as "Classic" (it should be the other way around)

If you check now the XT19 and PL18 are indeed there. The PL18 is found in the Vifa/Peerless Vline woofer section, even though is definitely a midwoofer.

Reason for the name change

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.