diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Autocad 3d Model of any woofer driver? ANY? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/70939-autocad-3d-model-any-woofer-driver-any.html)

ssabripo 3rd January 2006 06:40 PM

Autocad 3d Model of any woofer driver? ANY?

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but I'm trying to make my subwofer design in Autocad and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the driver to see what it looks like in perspective.

anyways, does anyone have ANY driver .dxf model they can share? anything that resembles a woofer or subwoofer will do...:D

thanks in advance!

VT67 3rd January 2006 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No such thing as a "shot in the dark" around here.
In the past I made a drawing of a 12" woofer, so maybe you can use that? If you want I can mail you the DXF file (215Kb)

Regards

santiu 3rd January 2006 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just make a simple model. If you are just worried about checking clearances and seeing what it looks like it should do.

What I do (although I never use autocad, just solidworks and unigraphics) is just make a simple sketch of the cross-section from what ever dimensions I can find of the driver and revolve it about the centerline.

Attached is a picture of a example. I can email you an IGES if you want, but really i'd think it's easier to recreate yourself than trying to import it in and scale it to your size. I can also send you a DXF, but I've never exported to DXF so I don't know how good the translation is.

qi 3rd January 2006 10:59 PM

I believe this is what you are looking for...

www.bagend.com technical section, 3delfdrivers.zip..

Enjoy...

planet10 4th January 2006 12:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The only well developed 3D i have is the bandor 50mm and the software i did it in doesn't export worth a ....

dave

ssabripo 4th January 2006 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GeWa
No such thing as a "shot in the dark" around here.
In the past I made a drawing of a 12" woofer, so maybe you can use that? If you want I can mail you the DXF file (215Kb)

Regards

yes...PLEASE PLEASE pretty PLEASE, email me the dxf file...my email:
ssabripo "at" gmail.com

:D

I hope it is a 3D model ;)....

Quote:

I believe this is what you are looking for...

www.bagend.com technical section, 3delfdrivers.zip..

Enjoy...
Thanks Qi, but these are 2D sketches only...I'm looking for a 3D model to use...:(

VT67 4th January 2006 10:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

yes...PLEASE PLEASE pretty PLEASE, email me the dxf file...
It's on it's way ;)

Quote:

Thanks Qi, but these are 2D sketches only...
No, they are indeed also 3D drawings

Regards

ssabripo 4th January 2006 01:04 PM

you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigeyes: