Help Rebuilding Cerwin Vega LS-12 crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help rebuilding my cerwin-vega LS-12 crossovers. The speakers cost me $400 for the pair. I love the way they sound with my system which is parasound. Well I looked at the crossovers and they are preaty cheep,... I like the sound of the speakers though.. So I'm guessing If I rebuild the crossover with better parts the speaker will sound better. I don't know much about the driver quality or what not. But I was wondering what you would think if I rebuilt the crossovers on it. I got the shematics for the crossover.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/310aa18f_m41850baf/bc/spiritual+foolio/LS12SCH_GM2050.pdf?BCO2RuDB_O6_RZ7k
Plus I was wondering what you thought on parts. I was thinking solens caps but wasn't sure what I should use for the inductors, also I'm thinking mills for the resistor, But I'm Not sure, cause I'm not sure if it's wise to invest so much money on rebuilding the crossovers due to maybe the quality of cerwin vega drivers. SO maybe I can put cheeper parts in some part of the crossover. I don't know just asking for your opinion or help.
Thank you...

cerwin vega's driver quality is not so good.you may not get better sound by upgrading the crossover,or very little inprovement.if the present crossovers are find-leave well enough alone.but,one the other hand,if you "feel" the upgraded crossover will make a difference-it may be worthwhile.
btw.i got my first pair of cerwin vegas in 1986 when i was 16,powered by a 400 watt kenwood amp.the neighbours hated me!!

I kinda of do feel that an upgraded crossover would defineitely make a difference. But Given the dollars involved I'm not sure if it's just better that I save my money and buy better speakers. But Given my finaces I don't think I really do have that much money for a brand new set of speakers that are better. But I could afford rebuilding the crosssovers. But I want to be efficient about it, but I really don't know how. I'm thinking that there might some things I can do to the speakers, so I can get some kind of gains in performance. But really rebuilding the entire crossover might be overkill. Does anybody know how I can go about figureing this stuff out... Or maybe some cheep ways, I can get better perfomance out of these speakers...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.