HELP with Box Modeling Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone.

I have a couple questions/requests for someone with a nice box modeling program. I have some inspiration from Darren Kuzma’s Cynosure . Can someone model an enclosure with 6 drivers in it? Two (2) 8” Dayton DC200, two (2) 6.5” Dayton DC160S and two (2) 5.25” Dayton DC130GS? The proposed enclosure is 5.76 ft3 (160.10 L) with two (2) 4” ports at 10” long.

I would be curious to see a plot of the driver SPL, the port SPL and the combined response. Not sure if this is possible.

Is there a way to take thse 6 driver and develop parameter to simulator (1) one equivalent driver (for use in WinISD)? I think I read how to do that in magazine at one time. Some parameters are additive and some parameters you take the average, or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

BTW, I am thinking of using the Dayton 1-1/8” silk tweeter. The baffle configuration would be:

5.25”
Tweeter
5.25”
6.5”
6.5”
8”
8”

Here are the parameters:

8” (DC200):

Vas: 57.76 L
Xmax = 4.5 mm
Qts: 0.38
Fs = 29 Hz

6.5” (DC160S):

Vas: 22.08 L
Xmax = 3.15 mm
Qts: 0.32
Fs = 22 Hz

5.25” (DC130GS):

Vas: 14.15 L
Xmax = 2.5 mm
Qts: 0.4
Fs = 48 Hz

69stingray said:
Thanks RINOX. For the purpose of this post, I was just curious to get a graph similar to what you get in WinISD.

I think you didn't understand the answer, because that is what he was talking about. Each driver (if in its own box) would have its own frequency/phase/directivity. The response would then be the vector sum of responses. You want them all to share the same box - then they would interact and the response would change. The reason there is not software to model this is that it should not be done. Drivers with different sizes, parameters and frequency ranges should not share the same volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.