breaking in xover inductors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It depends on your latitude and which direction the coils are wound in. If they're wound clockwise as viewed from above and you're at the 50th parallel, allow 15 minutes per 10 uH. As your location moves southward, adjust break-in time upward by one minute for each degree latitude south of 50.

If you're in the southern hemisphere, orient the coils so they run counterclockwise, then follow these recommendations substituting "south" for "north."

[yeah...and what about accounting for the not constant earth magnet field (it seems to change a bit every 10k years)...] joke

I guess when current traveles through the coil and heat it upp a bit maybe some of the outher moust atoms in the insuation / copper will react with each other...but i doubt anybody would hear any difference..

/micke

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There may not be any appreciable effect of the Earth's (Sol III) magnetic field on an inductor, but i wouldn't bet any real money on it (i hate losing a bet so i only bet on sure things). The deguass on your computer monitor is there to erase the effects of the monitor sitting in the earth's magnetic field.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.