DEQ2496 for phantom power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Behringer DEQ2496 and a Behringer ECM8000 mic. I would like to do speaker measurements on my computer and don't want to purchase a phantom power supply for the ECM8000. Is there any way to use the DEQ2496 as a phantom power supply for the mic, and pass the signal through to my computer?

Thanks!

Yes DEQ2496 has phantom power but I do not think that you could make measurement. In another word mic will work only with pink noise provided from DEQ and the signal at the output will be generated pink noise. Much better choice would be to buy small Behringer mixer such as
Eurorack UB 502 or 802. It will cost you $ between 30.00 to $ 50.00 brand new!!!
http://www.behringer.com/UB802/index.cfm?lang=ENG
That will do everything you need and more.

His question is if you can use the DEQ purely for phantom power to pass measurements to his computer, he knows the DEQ provides phantom power.

I mean I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so, but then I'm usually wrong.

I picked up a phantom power supply for 30 bucks at Guitar Center.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.