WTMT configuration?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I'm a new user and about to design my first transmission line loudspeaker. Is there such a thing as a Woofer-Tweeter-Mid-Tweeter configuration that would give advantages similar to the WMTM or MTM D'Appolito configurations?
I'm asking because I was thinking of building this WTMT configuration using a 8" AD 8065/W8 Philips Woofer, a Partsexpress Philips 1" dome tweeter, a Philips 4" cone midrange AD 5060 SQ8, and another partsexpress Philips 1" dome tweeter.

Thoughts? Comments?
I'm hearing less and less highs on my current Electro Voice Interface IIs as I've been around live rock music and in bands for waaay too long - and now the high SPLs of yesteryear are taking their toll on my hearing . . . so I was thinking the better high frequency dispersion, the better they might sound to me. What might be overly "bright" to somebody might be just "right" for me. eh? what was that you said, sonny? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.