SS 18W/8545 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A PR must match the driver. do yo have one (or 2) that match the 8546/8545?

having used the extrema for a long time I understand your needs they are excellent. however mine were borrowed and i miss them.

if you have SS drivers that are doing nothing I can give you an adress where to ship them. :) you can ship them to me.

I live in India and build speakers based on what is gifted to me. The local currency has no real value, import restrictions and duties compund this.

PR = passive Radiator
Extrema = Sonus Faber Extrema used a 8545K and Dynaudio Esotar 330 with rear firing PR. in my opinion the best 6" 2way.

A few years ago a very rich friend of mine imported a pair but since he already had 3 pairs of speakers at home and had promised his wife no more speakers untillhe sold the 3 pairs (Genesis, Maggie Sequels, and ALR Jordan Note 7). Given the prices of these speakers (and ofcourse India's small high end market - this a country where fod and water are scarce high end audio is the preserved a very few) it took him 1 year to sell these.

He had parked the speakers at my place for 12 months and I fell in love with them unfortunately they were 20 times my budget.

He still has a Pioneer CT93 cassette deck and a Marantz CD 63SE at my place. it has been many years and i ask him when he wants them but he keeps saying a little later when he has space. Meanwhile he has hidden 4 tuners in his wardrobe (from his wife), a Velodyne ULD 18 subwoofer in a loft etc. I dont think he knows what he owns anymore.

Many years ago he decided to get into DIY. So he imported a lot drivers. Mostly SS and Vifa but there were also a pair of Audax etc. Anyway after tinkering for a while he gave up and sold me the drivers at 1/3rd the cost and dropped the Audax off for free. Had it not been for this I would never have had good drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.