dipole with non intentical drivers..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i went and picked up another pair of pyle ppa15 drivers to fill out another channel in my stereo sound system but to my dismay the model seems to have been revised.

my origionals had a regular black paper cone and slightly larger vent area over the voice coil.. the new ones have some sort of textured coating over the back of the cone (although its still paper) and the front has alot more gloss to it. much stiffer cone, although part of this may be because my origionals have been broken in over the past year in a mono w-frame.

would it still be a good idea to use them in my setup? i figured i would have one of the newer subs facing forward coupled with an older one facing back in the first h-frame (polarity reversed) and then the opposite on the other side to maintain cancellation benefits.

or should i just bite the bullet and get another 2 of the newer drivers and ditch the old ones altogether?

ugh, i've got all the power i can handle for now..

maybe i can find a new home for the old drivers to cover some of the cost of the new..

something about having two channels with different characteristics doesent sit well with me..

thnx for the replies guys, i'll swap the drivers around until the new ones are purchased.

p.s. any torontonians or ontarians want to purchase two broken in 15" dipole subwoofer canidates?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.