Books?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey,

i'm about to go order a few books.

one for sure i'm gonna get is the Loudspeaker design cookbook 6th ED by Vance Dickason.

now i remember reading about another book that was excelent in baffle and crossover design.

was it Designing, Building and testing your own speaker system by David B. Weems?

if not... what other book can you guy recomend for complex crossover systems and baffle measurements?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have both weems and the cookbook 6th Edition, i think that the weems book is a much better book for the novice, if I'd started with the cookbook, I may have given up, and continued to throw things together and see what happened rather than learn the theory, the cookbook is a great reference, but is pretty technical and could be daunting for the beginner.

The weems doesn't really have much huge detail in it for baffle and crossover design that I can remember, but it's great for getting into the theory without having a brain explosion, it does from memory cover things like baffle step, zobels, notch filters etc though not at an advanced level :) .... I have just purchased Joe D'appolito's "testing loudspeakers" and Dickasons "Loudspeaker recipes book 1, four two way speakers".

Both look very good but I haven't got my teeth into them yet.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.