Raw Acoustics HT3
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the HT3 Kit (With Upgrades) from Raw Acoustics. :smash: I will create a web site to document my progress for comment and to share my experiences.
...So the waiting begins... :D
I'm also considering this kit.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.
your decision on the HT3
I am trying to decide between these and the newest generation A/V-3s from GR. I alreay have an A/V-3S center I built last year that I am very pleased with. I am intrigued by the HT3 and its response on the low end.
What "upgrades" do they have avaialable? I didn't see any upgrades mentioned on the website for the kits.
Specifically, I requested the following:
1. Upgraded crossovers. I asked him to include the Solen crossover upgrade announced in the Circle discussion board.
2. Better dampening. I asked him to replace the filler pillows with their "Ice" absorbtion material mentioned on their web site.
3. Additional connectors. I am using a total of 14 pairs of binding posts to build an external passive crossover. This will make a later upgrade to an external crossover with triamping capability.
Thanks for the interest in the HT3 guy's:D
The upgrades are as follows
-Sonicap with Mills upgrade on the tweeter network
-Mills resistors plus Sonicap cap with Solen stack on the mid network this is done to keep the cost of the Sonicap down.
-Damping material RAW ICE to line the mid chamber and some around the lower chamber of the 6.8
We have the stacked upgrade combining Solen and Sonicap to get some benift out from the mid and the Sonicap.
With a large value as it is to use pure Sonicap would cost $135.00 per mid cap upgrade to a pure Sonicap alone.
Making the upgrade to them very costly.
What we have done is a very good upgrade for a price that is more affordable to most.
Now the new HT8 uses pure Sonicap caps even stacked with Platinum bypass on 5 caps in each speaker.
Making the crossovers total over $725.00 for the pair.
This model will be sold only finished no kits and is a MTM with twin side firing extremis.
Today I was at Adire as we did the final measurments and lets say that after the demo room of Adire using a Single HT8 the ceiling tiles plus fixtures were shaking a LOT
Kind of put a very big smile on Dan Wiggings face today:cool:
And for those interested the HT3 demo program is on and the pair in the US is back on again.
All the best.
The upgrades are not offered online yet as we had tried to keep the cost down to the kits by using Solen's but demands have asked for the cap's as a upgrade we have done so.
We will also be offering the Sonicap upgrades on all the kits as well as finished speakers we offer.
I'm considering building this kit. Any progress to report?
The speakers are complete, in their "Raw" form. :D
1. I still need to veneer the speakers and finish the stands. I built a custom pair of speaker risers to give them more stability and elevate the drivers a few inches. They look great and sound better already.
2. I am not sure if I have built them correctly as I don't have any other finished speakers of comparable quality to AB with. I will take them to a local get together in a few months to see how they are received.
Overall, I am very happy with these speakers. Highly recommended!
Thanks for the update. Any pictures?
I need to post them. I will be driving all day tomorrow, but should be able to get it done after that.
I have added the first two pages documenting the construction of my HT3s. more to come this week! ;)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:17 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2016 diyAudio