Can anybody identify these vintage drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got 4 sets of these drivers. They were a 3-way GE speaker system from some time in the 60s or 70s. The cabinets were shot so I scrapped them, but since the drivers were still in such good shape, and I remember being quite fond of their sound, I decided that I would save them. Now I'm not sure if I can spare the room, so I want to see what they may be worth incase I decide to sell them.

Here are the markings on the drivers:

Woofer:
137 742

Mid:
9330438-1
8 Ohm/5khz
Japan 7415

Tweeter:
933C
156-5
8 Ohm 4W
64 7406

Attachments

• ge-1-small.jpg
    ge-1-small.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 263
Not to post on such an old thread, but I was just searching for information on these. I, too, have an old GE TT console. The sub is the same, but the tweeter and mid in my console are 16Ohm each in parallel without any coupling devices (I'm assuming those are capacitors in your photo?). I'll be replacing these with modern speakers as one of the woofers, and one of the tweeters is beginning to buzz and crackle. Otherwise, the console has a delightfully warm sound, and for such a small power rating fills my apartment with sound at only 20% volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.