Klipsch Parts help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering how I go about making a box for my klipsch parts. I have 2 6.5 woofers and a tweeter and the crossover. I would like see what I can do with this stuff, try to make something out of these pieces otherwise they are junk to me. thanks for the help, people.

Estimate the internal size of the original box if you dont have it any more and make a new one.

Place the drivers close together for better imageing

Unless you can find specs for the drivers this is about all you can do. Unless you measure them yourself !
That takes a bit of work.

What wrong with them btw?

Just putting them in another square box wont improve the sound....

I have some other tips for you though if you want a "cleaner" more musical sound.
I have RF-3's and have done the below;

- Replace cross over resistors with non inductive ones
- Damped back wave from woofers with very dense sound absorbing material against the back wall + Rubbery something called "dynamat" in the US i beleave.
- Place small high quality caps over(paralel) the larger ones in the crossover.

Ive also improved the horns and damped the high freq. driver but thats a different story

This all really makes the sound more natural and expansive but it depends on YOUR goal and effort if its something for you.

Let me know how you like it if you make any of the changes.

Regards,

Coolin

Sorry Coolin, I did not see the dimensions you had posted.

As far as the horn, I'm assuming your saying you dont have it and just have the driver? You can always order the horn from klipsch, they're great with parts. I expect it would cost somewhere around ~$15 and they offer free shipping on everything.

A center channel sounds like a good idea, but remmember that these drivers arent as well shielded. I imagine a center channel with dual 8's would be quite large, similar to the KLF-C7.

Why wouldn't they be that shielded. they state they are magnetically shielded, isn't that what you want around your tv. these are the new f-3 parts.

1” (2.5cm) magnetically shielded, aluminum dome tweeter
Two 8” (20.3cm), magnetically shielded woofers

So if I were to build a center what type of box would I need. What do I have to put in the box. Should it be a sealed box or what. Or do I need to port it. I think thats the term. what do I do with the seams on the box. Silicon them or what. Anyway if there are any ideas I would appreciate them.

You can go ported or sealed. I would go sealed.

Yust give it a try. As i said the volume is not that critical.
The sound will be a little punchier sounding but go less deep (say 40-45 hz instead of 35hz ?)if the box is smaller, say 50 % of the original volume should be no problem

If you go further you might get a peak at the lowest freqencies.

What kind of speakers do you have for mains?

The match probably wont be very good with them...

The klipsch are pretty dynamic sounding but purely as a center for home theater i geuss it s OK. Its better than the other way around (dynamic mains with a weak center)

Anyway i would make the box as wide as you think fits your TV and the hight would be 9.5” (24.1cm) the same as the width of the original.
Now calculate the depth you think you need.
Keep the volume of the original if you want maximum bass and something like 60% of that to get a bit more midbass impact...

The klf-c7 cabinet looks a bit too small to me
A motor assembly is the magnet and basket i beleave...
btw where did you find that?

What parts do you still need?

I found that stuff at partstore.com...

my mains or the older version of the sf-3. I recieved the new parts from a friend and just wondering what to do with them. I have the network, tweeter and woofers. So I am searching for the horn. Other than that I really don't know what I need. I have a cabinet maker to make the box just need to know what to do.

Hope that makes sense. thanks. Sooner or later we will all figure this out. thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.